September 6, 2013

Curtain Call: Act II

After being majorly underwhelmed by all the curtains at the chain stores, I turned to Etsy to see if I could find a shop that made curtains with more modern and interesting fabrics.  There is, of course, a price difference for going directly to the maker, but I don't feel so bad because I know it's going to a person, not a corporation.
(View from the foyer to the new and improved living room.)

The curtains we put up in our bedroom were a compromise from Kohl's.  They are kind of a champagne color with shiny leaf patterns running up the bottom.  
But for the living room, we wanted something cool and original.  That's when I discovered this pattern on an Etsy shop called Ella Seeh.  It happens to go exactly with the orange and gray we are painting the opposing walls (more on our new gray walls soon).  It was meant to be.
I ordered them a tad small to save money which is my only regret.  There is some slight gap-age going on the very sides when they close, but otherwise, they look great and the high quality material is light yet durable.

Lets not forget the thick drapes and 100 pound valance we started with:
Valances have got to be some of the ugliest things on the market, so knowing that we needed one for privacy in our upstairs bathroom, I picked a fabric I liked from the same Etsy shop and ordered a custom size valance with this modern flower fabric.  What I like most about it is that it provides the privacy we need but it's still light enough to let the morning sunlight through.

Pictured below is the original curtain made of 90% dust and 10% lace, equaling zero privacy.

1 comment:

Tommie Watson said...

Amber picked out perfect curtains for the living room!!!