January 4, 2014

Our Home this Christmas

This Christmas, my parents drove to North Carolina from Maine, and my sister flew in from San Diego.
We went to see the Nutcracker in Raleigh.  When I was young, I took ballet and danced in The Nutcracker, so I love it.  Tommie humors me, but his eyes glaze over after the first dance, so it was nice to have my family there too--slightly less glazed.
We had Christmas dinner (ham and the works) in our new dining room.  
We took a two-day trip to Wilmington, NC so my sister and I could take embarrassing photographs with cutout heads from Dawson's Creek in popular filming locations.

We laughed, we fought, we ate lots of food, took lots of pictures, and watched Christmas movies.  We exposed my sister to "life-changing" chicken and waffles.  My sister and I exposed my mom to the movie Magic Mike (that's not a Christmas movie?)  We also started a bunch of new house projects with help from my dad (still in the works).
This Christmas, we were all together, which is something we haven't done in years.

No comments: